Concours de Composition en Musique Acousmatique
petites formes 2022
France – Japon – Taiwan
1. This contest is held within the framework of cultural exchanges between Taiwan, Japan and France, and aims to promote acousmatic music, also to encourage young composers of this music in Taiwan, Japan and France.
During the 2022-2023 season, the musical compositions of the Final prizewinners will be included in the programmes of several concerts in France, Taiwan, Japan, etc.
2. The Concours de Composition en Musique Acousmatique petites formes 2022 is organised by Tout Pour la Musique Contemporaine (France), Nagoya City University (Japan) and the National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (Taiwan).
3. The Concours de Composition en Musique Acousmatique petites formes 2022 is open to composers of French, Taiwanese and Japanese nationality, born after 31 December 1981.
Composers from other countries than Taiwan Japan and France, can apply if
– they have a legal residence permit (one year minimum) at the date of their registration,
– if they are following a superior cursus in music in one of the 3 countries.
4. The works must be of the genre: electronic music or electroacoustic acousmatic music.
The panel will encourage pieces in line with the concept of experimental electronic music.
5. A new category of musical work is open in this 5th edition as “very short pieces“ (très petites formes), whose duration is less than 3 minutes.
Each composer can submit two works in each category:
Category A – Work between 5 – 12 minutes (petites formes)
Category B – Work of less than 3 minutes (très petites formes)
6. We will still receive and watch with great interest audiovisual works (videomusique), but we will not include them in the contest this time.
7. In case of selection of 2 works from the same artist, the jury will have to choose only one for the final selection.
8. We ask for a 20 € fee for each registration of category A and a 10 € fee for each registration of category B.
The fee has to be paid for each composition to validate the registration.
These fees will be used to encourage and help composers to organize and co-organize concerts to make their music better known and more widely distributed in each country.
9. The technical presentation standard for the acousmatic pieces is exclusively the format:
.wav or .aif – 44,1 KHz 16 bits – stereo
10. Each candidate must complete a Registration Form with the following documents:
IMPORTANT: If you wish to take part in both categories or 2 works in same category, please send 2 individual files with composer’s name 1 or 2. Registration will be null and void if any of these documents is missing. Postal deliveries will not be considered by the organizers of the competition.
12. The Registration Form must be sent by 31 December 2021 at the latest. For any questions, please contact the following gmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. The work submitted must have been composed in the three years preceding the deadline for submission of entries. Works having been played at concerts are permitted, but they must not have been published on CD, nor have been awarded a prize or any audience award at the deadline for entries.
14. Composers already having been finalists in the last petites formes competition (2020) are not permitted to enter.
15. Preselection: The organisers from each country will constitute a panel of a minimum of 4 judges comprising: 3 members from among the local specialists in electroacoustic music, plus a former winner (to be chosen by the organiser) of the Preselection or Final selection of a previous session of the petites formes competition; in the absence of a former winner, a specialist from outside will replace him or her. They will select the 12 pieces from Category A and 12 pieces from Category B.
The list of both shortlisted pieces will be published by March 2022 at the latest.
16. Final selection: 12 works of Category A and 12 works of Category B from the Preselection will become the programme of a public concert in spring 2022 during which 6 international judges will make the Final Selection of the 6 Prizewinners in each category of the Concours de Composition Acousmatique petites formes 2022, one piece from each country will have to be included in the Final Selection.
17. An Audience Prize, in each category, for the Concours de Composition Acousmatique petites formes 2022, will be awarded after the concert (during jury deliberations) to one of the 12 shortlisted composers (category A and B) after the audience has voted and the voting slips have been counted by a representative from the audience and a representative from the panel of judges.
The competitors are not allowed to vote for the audience prize.
18. The panels of judges will be made up of at least 4 renowned composers for the Preselection shortlist and 6 others for the Final selection.
This panel will nominate a Chairperson from its members; this Chairperson will have the casting vote in the resolutions.
The Final Selection will be announced publicly at the end of the concert by Christian Eloy – the Chairman of the Concours de Composition Acousmatique petites formes 2022.
The decisions of the panels will not have to be justified and there will be no right of appeal.
The results will be communicated within one week to those concerned who did not attend the concert.
19. The prizewinners undertake to include the note Prizewinner of the Concours de Composition Acousmatique petites formes 2022 in programmes or publications that include their prizewinning work.